wpa_gui qt4 tray mode defaults

Kel Modderman kel
Tue Dec 9 09:28:33 PST 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 06:49:11 Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 02:45:29AM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:
>
> > Yeah, however desktop session management usually just calls the app
> > without the extra cli parameters (at least KDE3 does) at start of saved
> > session. That's their limitation I guess.
>
> OK. I can kind of understand this use case. What I would expect here is
> that if wpa_gui was in tray when the session was saved, it would be nice
> to remain in tray when the saved session is loaded. However, if wpa_gui
> had an open window, I would expect it to show up.. Any idea whether such
> dynamic parameters are saved/restored by any other GUI programs? This
> would depend on KDE (etc.) providing some kind of standard calls on
> session save and restore for the application to do its magic.

QT4 seems to have its own session management capabilities (QSessionManager),
however I cannot make head nor toe out of it yet... If it could be made to
work, it may be possible to write some kind of GUI preference to
~/.wpa_cli.conf or similar. It would at least avoid having to rely on other
desktop manager specific methods for doing similar. I did attempt this a few
weeks ago, but gave up in frustration. It seemed like too much hard work at
the time :) (and no idea how to handle it in the win32 build...)

Thanks, Kel.