wpa_gui qt4 tray mode defaults

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Dec 8 12:49:11 PST 2008

On Tue, Dec 09, 2008 at 02:45:29AM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:

> Yeah, however desktop session management usually just calls the app
> without the extra cli parameters (at least KDE3 does) at start of saved
> session. That's their limitation I guess.

OK. I can kind of understand this use case. What I would expect here is
that if wpa_gui was in tray when the session was saved, it would be nice
to remain in tray when the saved session is loaded. However, if wpa_gui
had an open window, I would expect it to show up.. Any idea whether such
dynamic parameters are saved/restored by any other GUI programs? This
would depend on KDE (etc.) providing some kind of standard calls on
session save and restore for the application to do its magic.