WPA - AP association Issue

Mr. Maloomnahi maloomnahi
Wed Oct 31 03:55:28 PDT 2007

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried them and following are the results.

The STA associates to some other AP outside my testing devices which does not have any security enabled. If I set the SSID, it does not and hence I set the SSID for the interface always.

I have tried many combinations of the CONF file settings and the combined one is as follows:
[TLS CCMP based association] - All combinations used
 network={
 	ssid="SEMCO_AP"
	pairwise=CCMP
	group=CCMP
	proto=WPA
	key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
	eap=tls
	engine=1
	mode=0
	ca_cert="/usr/bin/CA/ca-cert.pem"
	client_cert="/usr/bin/CA/ca-cert.pem"
    	private_key="/usr/bin/CA/private/ca-key.pem"
}
[PSK Based Association] - All combinations used
network={
        ssid="SEMCO_AP"
        scan_ssid=1
        proto=WPA
        psk="DEAD-BEEF-AA"
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        priority=2
        auth_alg=OPEN
        mode=0
        wep_tx_keyid0="DEAD-BEEF-AA"
        eappsk="DEAD-BEEF-AA"
}

But none of these settings in any combination has helped me attain the association for more then 0.5 minute.

In the last example I provided, it was WPA-PSK, but I have tested the different EAP protocols and for every EAP based association its giving the same problem.

I have even tried switching the SSL engine ON, setting RADIUS identity etc, but none helped.

I have compiled the WPA again with changes to .CONFIG (like Mr. Bryan suggested earlier) with the current CONF file I wanted to use and still the result is the same.

A] What could be the other possible solution to it?
B] Is it that the Associated state instigates a disassociation automatically?

Looking forward to your comments
Thanks
PPN

--
My life has changed. What about yours?
Log on to the new Indiatimes Mail and Live out of the Inbox!