Prism card not recognized

Johan Bilien jobi
Mon Feb 5 12:44:32 PST 2007

Hi,

I've been trying to remotely help someone to setup her PCMCIA wireless
card and connect to the WPA network. The card uses by default the
orinoco_cs driver, which will not work with wpa_supplicant if I
understand correctly. So I told her to remove the orinoco driver hoping
the hostap driver would be picked. But no driver is loaded. modprobing
hostap_cs works fine but the card is still not available (listed as no
driver is lspcmcia).

The card is apparently a bit of an exotic one:

Socket 0 Device 0:      [-- no driver --]       (bus ID: 0.0)
        Configuration:  state: on
        Product Name:   AboveCable ACPC2010-11/PCMCIA Card Version 01.02
        Identification: manf_id: 0x0156 card_id: 0x0002
                        function: 6 (network)
                        prod_id(1): "AboveCable" (0xfead109e)
                        prod_id(2): "ACPC2010-11/PCMCIA Card"
(0x0190b27e)
                        prod_id(3): "Version 01.02" (0x4b74baa0)
                        prod_id(4): --- (---)

>From what I read in hostap_cs.c, the card has the same ID as the
intersil cards, which seems to confirm it would be supported, but if I
understand correctly only the card with this ID who are listed as
manufactured by Intersil or INTERSIL will be drived by hostap.

Am I correct? Would adding something like:

 PCMCIA_DEVICE_MANF_CARD_PROD_ID1(0x0156, 0x0002, "AboveCable",
                                         0xfead109e),

solve the problem? Is there a way to override the driver's list of
supported hardware without recompiling the module?

Thanks,

BR
--
Johan Bilien