Name server IP address

hce webmail.hce
Tue Dec 18 16:16:21 PST 2007

Hi,

I am using dhcp client to get assigned IP address from the server
after calling wpa_supplicant. But, it seems that the dhcp client could
not get IP address without a nameserver in resolv.conf. I can manully
add a nameserver to the resolv.conf on my home AP. But, if I take my
device to the street, I don't have knowledge of the nameserver for
that street AP. So, the question are:

(a) How can I create the nameserver in resolv.conf dynamically before
calling the dhcp client?

(b) The wpa_supplicant does not need an IP address or nameserver to
scan the APs, can the wpa_supplicant get the nameserver or IP address
from the scanning AP process?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Jim