Cisco CCKM (CCXv4)

John Howe atticman
Fri Sep 15 10:57:55 PDT 2006

Thanks for replying so fast.  I have the CCX versions 1-5 specifications and
the source code for the CCXv3 supplicant licensed to our company.

I'm just trying to understand better on a higher level how these pieces all
fit together.

Can you recommend a good security book possibly geared towards network
administrators that would give me a good idea how all these EAP types relate
to CCKM?

I'm just trying to get a good idea what kind of changes I need to make to
the original CCXv3 supplicant to bring it up to CCXv4 (S50 specifically).
We are tasked with S50, S52 and S58 and I'm working on the S50 for now.

The supplicant (as of now) supports CCKM and all the various EAP types
except the enhanced EAP-FAST (CCXv4 S58).  I'm just need to re-work the
"plumbing" of the supplicant to support the rest of the EAP types for CCKM.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

-John Howe

-----Original Message-----
From: hostap-bounces+atticman=nc.rr.com at shmoo.com
[mailto:hostap-bounces+atticman=nc.rr.com at shmoo.com] On Behalf Of Jouni
Malinen
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:14 PM
To: hostap at shmoo.com
Subject: Re: Cisco CCKM (CCXv4)

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 01:04:31PM -0400, John Howe wrote:

> 1)       Would someone please give me a high-level overview (very brief)
how
> these authentication (CCXv3 and CCXv4) types are related to CCKM?

CCX is proprietary Cisco technology and there is no publicly available
specification for it. Because of this, I won't be able to answer
questions related to CCX here nor will there be support for things like
CCKM in the open source wpa_supplicant tree. I can point you to a
company that has implemented CCKM on top of wpa_supplicant, but that's
about all I can do with such a closed, proprietary specification.