wpa_cli event handling (revisited)

Roy Marples uberlord
Sat May 27 01:03:00 PDT 2006

On Saturday 27 May 2006 08:53, Kel Modderman wrote:
> And many thanks for your advice, Roy. Your fine "software engineering"
> advice coupled with the new id_str identifier from Jouni is more than
> enough for me to implement some roaming with debian's ifupdown and
> wpa_supplicant (and ifupdown *does* have some severe limitations when
> compared to baselayout, maybe some advantages too ;-).

Thanks for the kind words :)

Just out of curiosity, can ifupdown handle this?

ifup eth0 (or some other trigger)
netplugd is launched
netplugd triggers ifup eth0 as cable is in
wpa_supplicant is launched with -Dwired on eth0
wpa_cli triggers final ifup eth0

Just curios as I had a forum request for Gentoo to handle that and it took
some time to get it working as all enterance points from daemons are net.eth0
start.

Thanks

--
Roy Marples <uberlord at gentoo.org>
Gentoo/Linux Developer (baselayout, networking)