Network crash in pseudo ad-hoc

eleftherios.skoutaris at uni.lu eleftherios.skoutaris
Tue Jun 20 07:15:53 PDT 2006

On 6/20/2006, "Gambhir, Pulkit (Pulkit)** CTR **" <pgambhir at lucent.com>
wrote:

>when you see signal level = -100Bm, it means that your card is not getting
>any signal at all.
>
>The following configuration script works fine for me when I have to put my
>cards into pseudo ibss mode :
>
>iwconfig wlan0 essid XYZ
>iwconfig wlan0 channel 1
>iwconfig wlan0 mode Ad-Hoc
>prism2_param wlan0 pseudo_ibss 1
>prism2_param wlan0 oper_rates 8

It still doesnt work... Does it matter if the hostap installed in my
laptop is newer than the 0.3.7 at the station i am accessing.ad-hoc <->
i have normal connection. in pseudo gets crashed.

Well what you are saying above is:
name essid with xyz
change to channel 1
change to mode ad-hoc
use pseudo ibss
operate at 11Mbps
..
Thats what i do ...instead i use different essid (which it doesnt matter
as long as the two stations have a different one right?)
i work on channel 11 (i tried different channels but stll nothing)
when i set pseudo ibss 1 ..boom wireless is stuck!!!!!!kaput!