Question regarding WPA-PSK 4-way EAPOLs (wpa-supplicant 0.3.9)

Bryan Kadzban bryan
Wed Sep 28 14:42:33 PDT 2005

Eitan Bar wrote:
> 1st EAPOL from the AP (Cisco 1200) is received, and when
> wpa_supplicant generates the 2nd EAPOL, there seems to be something
> wrong with it (AP repeating 1st EAPOL).

I had a very similar issue last Thursday with certain cards (using the
wpa_supplicant windows port), using Cisco 1100-series APs.  It seemed to
be timing-related (even clients that did finish the 4-way handshake were
having some minor issues).  After changing to version 0.4.5 (which
includes a change to the interval that wpa_supplicant checks for new
packets from winpcap while doing EAPOL), the issue went away.

Might be worth a shot, at least (but keep your old executables around
just in case).