wpa_supplicant - 4WAY_HANDSHAKE aborted

jdong at otcwireless.com jdong
Wed Sep 7 18:09:33 PDT 2005

Dear all,

I had the same issue as reported by Pieter E Smit back in Feb, 2005:
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2005-May/010193.html

Basically, the wpa_supplicant failed to get master session key from EAPOL state
machines. I don't know why. However, when I used another supplicant (Apple
AirPort Extreme) and kept the same AP+RADIUS settings, the Apple supplicant
works without any problems. Thus, I suspect there is some bugs related to
wpa_supplicant or madwifi driver.

The wpa_supplicant version is the latest stable version: 0.3.9.

I would like to know whether this problem has been resolved or not. Any help
would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

James