Dual Radios: Was Re: Virtual WiFi on Linux?

Kelly Hogan kshogan
Wed Oct 19 14:44:00 PDT 2005

Gosh, got me again!  Most of our customers do run on measily T1s.  And the
ring of camping movie downloaders is something I haven't seen yet, but
maybe soon. As soon as we get those 100Mbs fiber pipes in everywhere,
especially in the woods, we'll test it.  Wanna join?  Bring your
marshmellow roaster.

Wait, we were discussing "real" weren't we?

Seems the real world hotspots that most of us mere mortal wifi weenies
work in has a connection to the Internet of maybe 1.5-5Mb at best.  So a
few retransmits doesn't seem to bother us since we can get effective node
propagation.  I now understand that you operate at a much higher plane.

Thanks for the theoretical discussion.