Unable to connect to AP via WPA-PKS/CCMP

Thomas Heinz thomasheinz
Sun Oct 9 14:22:06 PDT 2005

Hi Jouni

Thanks for your reply. Sorry for my late one.

You wrote:
> This is expected behavior if you are using a kernel that does not have
> support for recent Linux wireless extensions version. Keys are being
> cleared at this point, so that is also expected. In other words, I don't
> see anything wrong in the log files you've sent. They are just truncated
> too early to allow figuring out what is happening.

I have made an interesting observation. After using a clear text psk in
wpa_supplicant.conf, everything works as expected. I have attached two
files where clear.log contains the output of `wpa_supplicant -ddd -Dhostap
-c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -i wlan0` with clear text psk and hex.log with
the psk generated by wpa_passphrase. Line 128/clear.log shows that a 123
byte message has been received whereas line 127/hex.log indicates that
only 99 bytes have been received.

Although my problem is now solved, I am very interested in the reason for
that. Maybe the logs are helpful to you in this respect. If you need
further information, please let me know.

There is one more issue, I would like to know. Do the log files or
`hostap_diag -a wlan0` reveal any information that makes breaking the
encryption easier compared to sniffing the packets?
I noticed several "[REMOVED]" tags in the logs so I guess it is at least
not obvious.

Best regards,

Thomas