Can HostAP be used with manged mode?

Ognjen Bezanov ognjen
Tue Mar 29 12:39:12 PST 2005

Ok, so i have hostap installed on my PC (with a prism II pcmcia card)
and it functions as an access point well.

Now my question is how can i get the card to work in managed mode?
sometimes i want to associate to other networks but the card (when
placed in managed mode) refuses to associate to any AP.

Can the hostap(_cs)  driver work in managed mode?

If it can how do i go about setting it up to?

and If it cant can anyone tell me what drivers are needed to use my card
in managed mode (preferably without losing hostap functionality) and in
wireless-tools

Cheers

P.S Running Gentoo with kernel 2.4.28