Re-authentication issue

Bilal Shahid bilal_shahid4
Tue Mar 29 21:17:34 PST 2005

Thanks you for your reply.

Supplicant is Open1X modified to cater WPA/802.11i. Unfortunately, no debug
log exists for it.

Complete and successful reauthentication occurs with TKIP-TLS combination
but fails for CCMP-TLS combination as I mentioned in my previous message.

I understand that ut would be hard to give any input in the absence of a
debug log but even if someone could point out any known reauthentication
issues with CCMP or any special CCMP requirements with respect to
reauthentication it would be very helpful.

Just would like to add that Supplicant on its part is doing this correctly
apparently. For example, the Response-Id it sends to the AP600 does reach
the FreeRADIUS Server, the server parses it correctly and sends out a
challenge response to be delivered to the Supplicant. The AP however, seems
to block that challenge response from the Free RADIUS Server and never
delivers it to the Supplicant.

Could it be that the AP doesn't like the encrytion being done by the
Supplicant? All the re-authentication exchanges are of course taking place
in encrypted format.

Thanks

Bilal