wpa_supplicant problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Jul 5 02:37:13 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 10:57:30AM +0200, Rob Vandermeulen wrote:

> My attempt at analyzing this data - something goes wrong pretty early, the
> linux client never gets the AP to do a radius request. The SSL errors in the
> WPA-supplicant log are probably an indication. EAPOL errors also appear here
> and there. There is also a difference between the WinXP intel associate and
> the Linux intel associate ... the first says "associated RSN id" and the
> latter says "associated WPA id".

That seemed to be the other way around, i.e., WinXP using WPA whereas
wpa_supplicant was using RSN (=WPA2). However, the main difference
seemed to be in identity configuration. The WinXP client was configured
to use anonymous at myabc.com as the pase 1 identity and wpa_supplicant was
configured to use testuser (i.e., the phase 2 identity). I would suggest
trying setting anonymous_identity in wpa_supplicant configuration to
anonymous at myabc.com, if the AP is expecting this. You can also force
wpa_supplicant to use WPA by adding proto=WPA in the network
configuration block.

If the above mentioned changes are not enough to make the connection
work, it would be useful to get a wireless sniffer log of the connection
attempts from both WinXP and Linux clients.