wifi0: invalid skb->cb magic (0x74736f68, expected 0xf08a36a2) => /var/log/syslog

Michael Walter michael.walter
Fri Jan 28 01:42:17 PST 2005

Hello,

  i am using a debian box as a w-lan access-point for some windows boxes in
my small lan. This linux box has a Netgear MA311 [PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.1.1
STAID: id=0x001f v1.7.4 (station firmware)] and an Intel Gigabit ehernet
interface built in. Both of these are "combined" in a bridge "br0" enabling
ethernet traffic between w-lan and the "traditional" wired network. My
"/etc/network/interfaces" looks like this:

> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet static
>         address 10.10.100.5
>         netmask 255.0.0.0
>         network 10.0.0.0
>         broadcast 10.255.255.255
>         gateway 10.10.100.1
>
> auto wlan0
> iface wlan0 inet static
>         address 10.10.100.6
>         netmask 255.0.0.0
>         network 10.0.0.0
>         broadcast 10.255.255.255
>         gateway 10.10.100.1
>
> auto br0
> iface br0 inet static
>         address 10.10.100.5
>         netmask 255.0.0.0
>         network 10.0.0.0
>         broadcast 10.255.255.255
>         gateway 10.10.100.1
>         bridge_ports eth0 wlan0
>         pre-up ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
>         pre-up ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0 up
>         pre-up iwconfig wlan0 essid privat
>         pre-up iwconfig wlan0 key off
>         pre-up iwconfig wlan0 mode master
>         pre-up iwconfig wlan0 freq 2.422G
>         pre-up iwconfig wlan0 channel 3
>         pre-up brctl addbr br0
>         pre-up brctl addif br0 eth0
>         pre-up brctl addif br0 wlan0
>         post-down ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 down
>         post-down ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0 down
>         post-down brctl delif br0 eth0
>         post-down brctl delif br0 wlan0
>         post-down brctl delbr br0

Everything is working good and all windows boxes connect to my AP. The only
warning I constantly receive in "/var/log/syslog" is:

> wifi0: invalid skb->cb magic (0x74736f68, expected 0xf08a36a2).

I assume that this message is caused by the kernel, enabling the "br0"
bridged interface in combination with the "bridge utils". I wonder if there
might be any workaround to avoid or at least switch off this warning as it
is constantly repeated in my syslog file? I am using version 0.2.6 of
hostap with kernel 2.6.9.

Thanks a lot for any hint on that!

Regards,
Michael