wifi0: invalid skb->cb magic (0x74736f68, expected 0xf08a36a2) => /var/log/syslog

AP-Research HostAP-Research
Fri Jan 28 17:36:07 PST 2005

I'm curious about your configuration...

<quote who="Michael Walter">
> My "/etc/network/interfaces" looks like this:
>

>> auto eth0
>> iface eth0 inet static
>>            address 10.10.100.5
1) Why are you not setting address 0.0.0.0 at this point?
2) Are there times when you use the interface outside of br0?

>>            netmask 255.0.0.0
>>            network 10.0.0.0
>>            broadcast 10.255.255.255
>>            gateway 10.10.100.1
>>
>> auto wlan0
>> iface wlan0 inet static
>>            address 10.10.100.6
3) Why are you not setting address 0.0.0.0 at this point?
4) Are there times when you use the interface outside of br0?

>>            netmask 255.0.0.0
>>            network 10.0.0.0
>>            broadcast 10.255.255.255
>>            gateway 10.10.100.1
>>
>> auto br0
>> iface br0 inet static
>>            address 10.10.100.5
>>            netmask 255.0.0.0
>>            network 10.0.0.0
>>            broadcast 10.255.255.255
>>            gateway 10.10.100.1
>>            bridge_ports eth0 wlan0
>>            pre-up ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
>>            pre-up ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0 up
>>            pre-up iwconfig wlan0 essid privat
>>            pre-up iwconfig wlan0 key off
>>            pre-up iwconfig wlan0 mode master
>>            pre-up iwconfig wlan0 freq 2.422G
>>            pre-up iwconfig wlan0 channel 3
>>            pre-up brctl addbr br0
>>            pre-up brctl addif br0 eth0
>>            pre-up brctl addif br0 wlan0
>>            post-down ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 down
>>            post-down ifconfig wlan0 0.0.0.0 down
5) Should the interfaces be brought down before being deleted from br0?

>>            post-down brctl delif br0 eth0
>>            post-down brctl delif br0 wlan0
>>            post-down brctl delbr br0
>
> Everything is working good and all windows boxes connect to my AP. The
> only warning I constantly receive in "/var/log/syslog" is:
>
>> wifi0: invalid skb->cb magic (0x74736f68, expected 0xf08a36a2).
>
> I assume that this message is caused by the kernel, enabling the "br0"
> bridged interface in combination with the "bridge utils". I wonder if
> there might be any workaround to avoid or at least switch off this warning
> as it is constantly repeated in my syslog file? I am using version 0.2.6
> of hostap with kernel 2.6.9.

The only reference I found which seemed to apply is:
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2004-August/007556.html
... but your configuration doesn't illustrate an operation performed on
wifi0 directly...

--
Regards
KC Ferguson CIO/CTO