**SPAM?** Re: dwl520e alternative?

M. Grabert xam
Mon Mar 15 20:56:11 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, James B. Hiller wrote:

> Please note:  recent posts to this lists (within the last month, I
> think; sorry that I can't give a specific reference) have asserted
> that very recent versions of the card in fact use a different chipset,
> just as other manufacturers do.

I think the card you are talking about is the MA-311+ (note the 'plus' sign),
which I would consider a different card, rather than a different version.

Other than that I'm not aware of any reports that Netgear has sold/produced
any MA-311 (without the +) that doesn't use the Prism chipset.

> Can't verify the veracity of the assertion from personal experience,
> but just wanted to advise so that the original poster keeps an appropriate
> filter on his selection process.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong ...

Thanks alot,
  Max