dwl520e alternative?

James B. Hiller jhiller
Mon Mar 15 20:37:43 PST 2004

Hi.

> But I can recommend the Netgear MA-311 PCI 802.11b network card:
>
> http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=147&view=
>
> Comes only in one flavour (Prism chipset), so you don't have to worry

Please note:  recent posts to this lists (within the last month, I
think; sorry that I can't give a specific reference) have asserted
that very recent versions of the card in fact use a different chipset,
just as other manufacturers do.

Can't verify the veracity of the assertion from personal experience,
but just wanted to advise so that the original poster keeps an appropriate
filter on his selection process.

jbh