Help in installing HOSTAP driver

navaneeth navaneeth
Mon Jul 26 19:15:51 PDT 2004

Hi all,

        I have a linux 2.6.5-1.358 kernel. I got the hostap driver and hostap supplicant code from the hostap website.

I think the hostap supplicant code runs in user space. So I have compiled and built it.

I am confused about how to install the hostap driver.

1. Where should I copy this code (in usr/src/linux/drivers/net/wireless ??)

2. Then after doing make and make install, when I try to build the image, I get error saying that there is no rule to build hostap.o. I guess I have to change the makefile for this.

I am a new bee with linux. Can anyone help me or point me to a document.

The document in hostap is a bit complex for me. Any other help guide for installing hostap driver and setting up the environment.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

Regards
Navaneeth