Firmware download failed. "Could not read wlan PDA"

Benjamin Redelings I bredelin
Mon Jul 26 15:37:47 PDT 2004

Hi,

	I'm trying to upgrade the firmware on my WCF12 card using prism2_src
from hostap-utils 0.2.4.  I have definately defined
PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT in driver/module/hostap_config.h, but
prism2_srec says that it cannot read the wlan PDA.

	The card that I am trying to upgrade is a Linksys WCF12 Compact Flash
802.11b adapater based on the prism2.5 chipset.  It is currently in a
PCMCIA-to-CF adapter, and actually works on my laptop.  Any idea on what
I need to do to make hostap_cs find the PDA?

NIC: id=0x801b v1.0.0
PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.0
STA: id=0x1f v1.4.2

-BenRI