WPA_SUPPLICANT and IPW2100

Buddha Henry spanishbuddha
Fri Jul 23 16:08:39 PDT 2004

Should I expect wpa_supplicant to work with the IPW2100 driver for Intel
2100B wireless adapter?

I thought that the IPW2100 driver was based on hostap, and also uses hostap
for WEP, which I have working fine, so I hoped wpa_supplicant would work
too. The distro I am using is FC2 and the configured + working wireless
interface is eth2.

However when starting wpa_supplicant like so:
wpa_supplicant -ddw -c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -ieth2

I get the following error messages, after the OK parsing messages,  which
look like a mismatch with the driver:
EAPOL: SUPP_PAE entering state DISCONNECTED
EAPOL: KEY_RX entering state NO_KEY_RECEIVE
EAPOL: SUPP_BE entering state INITIALIZE
EAP: EAP entering state DISABLED
EAPOL: External notification - portEnabled=0
EAPOL: External notification - portValid=0
wpa_driver_hostap_set_wpa: enabled=1
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to enable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_wpa: enabled=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
wpa_driver_hostap_set_drop_unencrypted: enabled=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported
wpa_driver_hostap_set_countermeasures: enabled=0
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_PRISM2_PARAM]: Operation not supported

My config file is:
network={
        ssid="TEST"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X NONE
        eap=TLS
        identity="user at localdomain.com"
        ca_cert="/etc/wpa_supplicant/CAAuthority.pem"
        client_cert="/etc/wpa_supplicant/User.pem"
        psk="12345678901234567890123456"
}

Any clues would be appreciated. Thanks.
Henry