WPA_SUPPLICANT and IPW2100

Kamil Iskra kamil.89050
Fri Jul 23 17:14:35 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 23:08:39 +0000, Buddha Henry wrote:

> Should I expect wpa_supplicant to work with the IPW2100 driver for Intel
> 2100B wireless adapter?

No.  wpa_supplicant doesn't have a driver for ipw2100, and I believe
ipw2100 doesn't currently provide all the necessary hooks either (though
the changelog of the latest 0.50 release does mention some work on WPA).

If you need WPA badly, you can have a look at ndiswrapper (CVS version) or
driverloader.  They didn't work for me, but I suspect an incompatibility
between wpa_supplicant and my AP to be responsible, not any
ipw2100-specific limitations.

Kamil