wlan0 stats

Vinayak Naik naik
Sun Jul 11 11:42:31 PDT 2004

I am interested in calculating the probability of successfully sending a
unicast data message and receiving its MAC layer ack without any
retransmissions.

I have set the retry min limit to zero. I am using
/proc/net/hostap/wlan0/stats file to collect the statistics. I am assuming
that TxUnicastFrames represents the number of times I send unicast data
messages, and TxRetryLimitExceeded represents the number of times the
message was not successfully transmistted to the receiver. I will use
these two values to calculate the above mentioned probability.

I would like to know whether the TxUnicastFrames and TxRetryLimitExceeded
mean what I assumed them to be. Also, can I assume that these values wont
get modified if the only process to send unicast messages is mine?