Locking to a specific ap

Owen B. Mehegan owen
Sun Jul 11 12:21:58 PDT 2004

I'm using the hostap drivers on my laptop in managed mode, because I
find them to be more stable than the current crop of wlan-ng drivers.
One problem I'm having is, when I'm near two access points with the same
essid and similar power levels, my system flips back and forth between
them as the signal strength varies. I've tried messing with iwpriv to
try to lock myself to a specific AP based on its bssid, but I've had no
luck so far. Is there actually a way to do this, or am I SOL? I'm using
the Senao 200mw prism2 card.

Thanks in advance,

/Owen