WPA and WE-18

Pedro Ramalhais ramalhais
Wed Jul 7 20:01:29 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 03:26, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:49:18AM +0100, Pedro Ramalhais wrote:
>
> > Are you thinking of supporting WPA via wireless extensions v18, or is
> > there any driver(or hostap version) and client implementation(EX:
> > wpa_supplicant) of WPA which uses WE-18?
>
> My goal is to first quickly verify that the proposed WPA changes work by
> implementing them in Host AP driver and wpa_supplicant. Assuming this
> goes well, I would suggest integrating this part into "official kernel"
> (and make it whatever the next WE version is at that point).
>
> I have already planned on doing this testing couple of times, but I
> haven't yet had a suitable moment for it. Now, I hope to get a stable
> release of Host AP driver, hostapd, and wpa_supplicant out first and
> then make a new branch for stable releases to free CVS trunk for doing
> interface changtes like this WPA addition to WE.

That sounds great!
I was going to try to add WPA support to the ipw2100 driver, but wasn't
sure what was the best thing to do: base it on the current
hostap/wpa_supplicant code, or base it on WE-18.
Maybe i should base it on current hostap code and then track the changes
you make to support WE-18+. What do you think is best?
Thanks jouni!
--
Pedro Ramalhais <ramalhais at serrado.net>