WPA and WE-18

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jul 7 19:26:16 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 01:49:18AM +0100, Pedro Ramalhais wrote:

> Are you thinking of supporting WPA via wireless extensions v18, or is
> there any driver(or hostap version) and client implementation(EX:
> wpa_supplicant) of WPA which uses WE-18?

My goal is to first quickly verify that the proposed WPA changes work by
implementing them in Host AP driver and wpa_supplicant. Assuming this
goes well, I would suggest integrating this part into "official kernel"
(and make it whatever the next WE version is at that point).

I have already planned on doing this testing couple of times, but I
haven't yet had a suitable moment for it. Now, I hope to get a stable
release of Host AP driver, hostapd, and wpa_supplicant out first and
then make a new branch for stable releases to free CVS trunk for doing
interface changtes like this WPA addition to WE.