WPA and WE-18

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Jul 7 20:45:02 PDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 08, 2004 at 04:01:29AM +0100, Pedro Ramalhais wrote:

> I was going to try to add WPA support to the ipw2100 driver, but wasn't
> sure what was the best thing to do: base it on the current
> hostap/wpa_supplicant code, or base it on WE-18.
> Maybe i should base it on current hostap code and then track the changes
> you make to support WE-18+. What do you think is best?

If you want to start now and don't mind doing some conversion later when
the WE version is ready, I would suggest starting with the current
hostap/wpa_supplicant code. Changes to WE version should be quite
trivial. I would expect to see at least couple of changes for the WE
proposal, so it is still a somewhat moving target.