DWL-650p

Pavel Roskin proski
Wed Jan 21 12:45:29 PST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Skoooob wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to see if anyone has had success with
> DLink DWL-650P.
>
> I have followed the previous posts and got the driver
> hostap_cs driver to detect the card.  I flash the
> firmware.
>
> ./prism2_srec -gs wlan0 pm010102.hex

You are actually luckier than me.  I still cannot get past this point.
When doing the first download, I see following in the kernel log:

Card initialized - running PRI only
wifi0: init command completed too quickly - retrying
prism2_hw_init: initialized in 1 ms
prism2_enable_aux_port(1) timed out
wifi0: trying to read PDA from 0x007f0000: failed
wifi0: trying to read PDA from 0x003f0000: failed
wifi0: trying to read PDA from 0x00390000: failed
wifi0: trying to read PDA from 0x007f0002: OK
prism2_enable_aux_port: was not enabled!?
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 2 usec
wifi0: NIC: id=0x8000 v0.0.1
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 101 usec
wifi0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.2
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 11 usec
Could not get RID for component STA
wifi0: Failed to read STA f/w version - only Primary f/w present

> ./prism2_srec -gip wlan0 pm010102.hex

And this simply fails:

wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 51 usec
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 11 usec
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 7 usec
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 3 usec
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 111 usec
wifi0: hfa384x_cmd_issue: cmd reg was busy for 89 usec
ioctl[PRISM2_IOCTL_HOSTAPD]: No data available
PDA checksum incorrect.
Could not read wlan PDA. This requires PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_SUPPORT definition
in driver/module/hostap_config.h.

Apparently PDA cannot be read.

I have more success with the PLX version.  I simply put the card to the
PLX9052 adaptor and added its ID to hostap_plx.c.  Sometimes the driver
keeps spitting this after the module is loaded:

wifi0: Command completion event, but no pending commands
wifi0: Command completion event, but no pending commands
wifi0: Command completion event, but no pending commands
prism2_interrupt: >20 events (EvStat=0x0034)

This completely freezes the system until I remove the PCMCIA card from the
PLX adaptor.  But sometimes I was able to load the secondary firmware.
However, the card would not associate.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin