HostAP bugs

mike-hostap at tiedyenetworks.com mike-hostap
Wed Jan 21 00:40:22 PST 2004

Howdy,

	I've asked this several times and gotten no response but I want to
bring it up again because it's becomming a serious issue. I have one tower
running hostap (actually I have 4, but  this one in particular shows a
problem that the others don't) gives me these strange messages along the
lines of:

handle_ap_item - addr1(DA)=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff not own MAC

Whis is sometimes repeated many times in a short period, and other times
it's just a single message.

	This problem is increasing in frequency and sometimes the mac
address is different.

	In conjunction with this, there is an occasional
problem which I think is related where hostap will disassociate all
clients and not allow any new reassociations, for no obvious  reason or
cause. When this happens, the AP is still running and I can ssh in and
have a look around, and the second AP in the box is still going (the
second pcmcia card still has clients and is still working), there just
areen't any clients associated any more on the first AP. I have to reboot
the box at that point and then everything is fine again. This happened on
an AP with 33 clients and all the syslogging I do doesn't reveal anything
obvious, no flood of kernel messages, no nothing... just all of a sudden, where there
were 33 clients there are zero.

Any suggestions?

--

WillitsOnline.Com - Your LOCAL provider of High Speed Internet!