DWL-650p

Skoooob skoooob
Tue Jan 20 18:07:17 PST 2004

Hi,

I just wanted to see if anyone has had success with
DLink DWL-650P.

I have followed the previous posts and got the driver
hostap_cs driver to detect the card.  I flash the
firmware.

./prism2_srec -gs wlan0 pm010102.hex
./prism2_srec -gip wlan0 pm010102.hex
./prism2_srec -rp wlan0 rf010800.hex

Downloading to volatile memory (RAM).
OK.
Components after download:
  NICID: 0x801d v1.0.0
  PRIID: 0x0015 v1.1.2
  STAID: 0x001f v1.8.0

Then I configure the card and start it.  It has the
correct MAC of the card, it just can't bring anything
up.

dmesg shows:
wifi0: Deauthenticate all stations

It seems all I get is Invalid Misc and card just
flashes when I start the service.
Here's From iwconfig...
Sensitivity=1/3
          Retry min limit:8   RTS thr:off   Fragment
thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise
level:0
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx
invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:47
Missed beacon:0

Thanks,