hostap_cs.conf

Pavel Roskin proski
Wed Feb 18 12:44:16 PST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Andrea G. Forte wrote:

> We modified the original wlan-ng file to load the hostap modules instead
> of the prism2 modules for our card. We tried to use the hostap config file
> as Pavel said, but when inserting the card it would not be recognized as
> "inserted" and therefore no drivers would be loaded.

I'm sorry, but the only way to make hostap work is to have it loaded by
cardmgr.  This means that the appropriate entry for the card should be in
/etc/pcmcia/config or in a file included from it.  When wlan-ng is
executed, it's too late.

I believe your interpretation of the problem is incorrect, but you didn't
provide any exact messages, so I cannot help you.  The problem has nothing
to do with either driver, by the way.  It's a problem with cardmgr and its
configuration files.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin