using a laptop as an access point (slightly OT)

nyx cerenyx
Sun Sep 7 04:47:22 PDT 2003

Apologies for not being directly relevant to HostAP per se; but I was
considering installing openbsd on a laptop, and using it as an access
point (along with a Senao 200mW 2511CD+ Ext2 PCMCIA card). My two
questions are:

1. Does HostAP work under OpenBSD?
2. Is it advisable to use a laptop as an access point (meaning that it
will be running continuously)? Are they built to run 24/7 -- will there
be any chance of it overheating? Does anyone have any experience in this
area?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Yong Wei