Hostap 0.0.2 ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon May 5 22:36:25 PDT 2003

On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:44:54PM -0500, Michael Shuler wrote:

> I also am having he same lockup problem.  I am using dual and single cardbus
> Soekris boards (AMD Elan520 chipset 100 and 133MHz).  Both machines under
> high load lock up very consistantly around 250MB of ftp'ing an ISO.

I'm still unable to duplicate these crashes. I just ran a test of more
than 1.5 GB TCP flood using Pentium 166 MHz with Prism2.5 PCI card as
the AP and my laptop with PC Card (Prism3) as a station. Neither host
had any problems and they were able to keep throughput constantly at the
expected value.. I used new station firmware versions in both cards, but
I would assume the firmware version is not the main issue.

I have never used a Soekris board, but maybe I should consider getting
one of those for testing since number of people seem to have seen
crashes on it. Where do you get those boards (www.soekris.com?) and
which models have been easy to crash? And with which Prism2
version/model?