Hostap 0.0.2 ?

Mike Saywell ms
Mon May 5 13:10:21 PDT 2003

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 12:22:53PM +0300, Vladimir Ivaschenko wrote:
> Mon, May 05, 2003 at 01:18:01AM -0500 Jim TerWee wrote about Re: Hostap 0.0.2 ?
>
> > > I also am having he same lockup problem.  I am using dual and single
> > > cardbus Soekris boards (AMD Elan520 chipset 100 and 133MHz).  Both
> > > machines under high load lock up very consistantly around 250MB of
> > > ftp'ing an ISO.
> >
> > Same deal here generally around 250MB will lock it up. Did notice using a
>
> I second that. Teletronics 100 Mhz and Soekris 133 Mhz AMD ELAN boards.
> Doesn't happen with 2002-05 release.

With all tests client laptop was Orinoco Silver, signal level approx -40db.

HostAP box was a duron 800 with Sparklan PCI wireless card

Test was to wget a 400mb file from a web server running on the HostAP box itself.

All tests done using firmware 1.1.1/1.5.6

Release 2002-10-12
card lockup after 191mb
performed manual reset
pulled another ~800mb with no more problems

Release 0.0.1
hard lockup after 198mb (no messages on screen, hard reboot needed)
repeated, locked after 54mb

Release 0.0.2
locked hard after 90mb
repeated, locked after 122mb

This pretty much confirms what other people have been saying I think.
I was going to try some different firmwares but not really sure if there
is much point now (since it worked fine pre 0.0.1).

Mike