Failing to download msg

fred.d fred.d at timelords.org.uk
Mon Apr 26 19:01:54 BST 2021

I've noticed an increase over the past few months in getting the failed
to download messages see sample after this message, which is the last
error then success.

Initially before Christmas it was every so often. Jan and Feb it moved
to repeat once or twice on most of the downloads with a few not an issue
but all download OK. In the last couple of months it's been every file
fail message twice then downloads OK. Today I had a couple with 5 fails
then downloads OK.

I appreciate that the program says ignore the message if it downloads
and my downloads are successful...

However I was wondering if anyone else is getting the same level of
response as I am and if so, does anyone actually know why the frequency
might be increasing.

Asking partly because I just like to know these sorts of things but also
partly because if it's something to do with my setup I'd like to get it
back to "normal".

I haven't changed the config options for about 2 years so I'm presuming
it's more likely changes at the remote end. I could speculate but I'm
wondering if anyone knows.

Ta.

------

ERROR: Failed to download URL (3/3):
https://c1b1bteaips.sp.bidi.live.bbc.co.uk/vod-hls-uk/usp/auth/vod/piff_abr_full_sd/dcfde3-p07kvctj/vf_p07kvctj_a
8cac489-bdda-483f-ae0d-27d3d7ddf42b.ism/pc_hd_abr_v2_hls_master.m3u8?at=Ww262mGZ7a1dc6a235e548cffcab8cc34065bf98ee8f60005c0e34bc71240
ERROR: Response: 403 Forbidden
ERROR: Access to this resource was blocked by the BBC
ERROR: Ignore this error if programme download is successful
INFO: Downloading tv: 'Silent Witness: Series 5 - 06. Faith, Part 2
(p032kkx2) [original]'
INFO: Downloaded: 658.19 MB (00:49:54) @ 21.49 Mb/s (hvfxsd1/bi)
[audio+video]