no more hslv format ?

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Thu May 3 06:17:54 PDT 2018

In article
<CAF_ssT_0x-8CB3cxZuxMURtHT4fmADD1ETnPEq3NLoLwMtBtTw at mail.gmail.com>, iz
<ilainftw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2 May 2018 at 16:49, Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > As things are, I could then have gip+ffmpeg generate the 50 fps mp4
> > files (i.e. in the current form) onto hd. This saves some hd wear but
> > means I now have those (big) files on hd before I then run a 50 -> 25
> > fps process to create smaller ones (which will be akin in size to what
> > I got from the 25fps fetching). The result using this approach means
> > I've still done the fetching as quickly as possible, but have about
> > three times as much data written to hd at some point.

> You may be able to limit the whole process to only two file writes with
> a little scripting and XML parsing.

FWIW as things stand I run the processes via a simple proglet I wrote in
'C'. (I use it as a ROX-Filer app, but it can also work via CLI.) I can
drag-and-drop a text file onto the program's icon. The file specifies a
'mode' and a pid per line, and the program then proceeds to chug though
them as I make breakfast. If needed, the file I give it could also say if
any particular reprocessing need be done 'now' or left to later, etc.

So I'd almost certainly do this via a 'C' approach because I've become used
to 'C' over the years. The trick is knowing what commands to launch, etc.

Modifying where output goes, making the output -raw, etc, is OK as I know
how to do that - once I've sorted out unknowns like if the -raw is going to
ramdisc or somewhere else, when reprocessing is done, etc.

Thus, yes, I am thinking it should be possible to do this via running 'one
program'. But...

Truth is, having finally allowed people to prise FORTRAN out of my cold
dead hands a decade or more ago, I'm now settled on 'C'. :-)

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm