no more hslv format ?

iz ilainftw at gmail.com
Thu May 3 05:35:02 PDT 2018

On 2 May 2018 at 16:49, Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:

> As things are, I could then have gip+ffmpeg generate the 50 fps mp4 files
> (i.e. in the current form) onto hd. This saves some hd wear but means I now
> have those (big) files on hd before I then run a 50 -> 25 fps process to
> create smaller ones (which will be akin in size to what I got from the
> 25fps fetching). The result using this approach means I've still done the
> fetching as quickly as possible, but have about three times as much data
> written to hd at some point.

You may be able to limit the whole process to only two file writes
with a little scripting and XML parsing. Use --raw with GiP  to save
the .ts file directly to drive or to drive via ram disk. The ram disk
probably wouldn't be of much use since I doubt your downloads are
limited by disk write speed. Also use --metadata to save programme
metadata in an XML file and --thumbnail to save the cover art in a JPG
file. Write a script to re-encode the file to 25fps MP4 and at the
same time add metadata tags with ffmpeg, using the XML file and JPG
file as input to construction of the ffmpeg command string. You'll
need ffmpeg 4.0 or higher to add cover art to MP4.