v3.13 released

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Wed Mar 28 02:34:57 PDT 2018

On 27/03/18 23:36, I wrote:

> A more likely explanation is that the searches were done at different
> times.  As I understand it, and I haven't checked the code, --refresh
> only goes back 7 days, and maybe it is now too old.  That doesn't quite
> work as an explanation because episode 3 was broadcast on Radio 4 at
> 1830 on 22 March and won't be repeated on Radio 4 Extra until 29 March.
> Maybe the 7 days has been shortened.  I have a vague recollection that
> the 7 days runs from the start of the week, and that would fit.

The way in which the cache is refreshed is explained here.
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/cache

It says,
"get_iplayer does NOT index 30 days of programme listings every time the
cache is updated - it indexes no further back than the beginning of the
previous calendar week. This means that you must update your cache each
calendar week for a month after installation in order to build up a full
30 days of programme data. From then on, the 30-day buffer should be
maintained as long as you update the cache at least once per calendar week."

According to that description, a programme broadcast less than 6 days
previously ought to have been indexed without the need to re-build the
cache.  It may be that the new scraping algorithm works differently and
the documentation needs to be updated.

Has anyone come across any other examples?

Best wishes
Richard