v3.13 released

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Mar 27 15:36:49 PDT 2018

On 27/03/18 22:38, I wrote:

> On 27/03/18 22:03, I wrote:

>>> OK, that's not a "pure" 3.13, and maybe that's your problem. I'm
>>> running directly off the github download. Anyone else using this PPA
>>> version?
>>>

>> I too can see three episodes.  I didn't wait for the PPA (for ubuntu
>> 16.04.3). I took the new get_iplayer Perl file from the .zip archive
>> and replaced it in /usr/bin/.  Curiously it is now showing
>> get_iplayer 3.13-ppa31d
>> which I don't think it did when I first started using the new version.
>> Maybe the PPA has been updated in a software update.
>>

> The get_iplayer script now in /usr/bin/ is not the one I copied there.
> my $version_text;
> is now
> my $version_text = '3.13-ppa31d';
>
> I have just tried on another machine.  I refreshed the cache.
> A search gave me two episodes.
> I installed the PPA and refreshed the cache again.  I did not rebuild
> the cache, but nor did I after copying the get_iplayer script to
> /usr/bin/ on my main machine  I can still only see the first two episodes.

I have run diff to compare the get_iplayer in the .zip archive with the
PPA version.
my $version_text = '3.13-ppa31d';
is the only difference reported.

A more likely explanation is that the searches were done at different
times.  As I understand it, and I haven't checked the code, --refresh
only goes back 7 days, and maybe it is now too old.  That doesn't quite
work as an explanation because episode 3 was broadcast on Radio 4 at
1830 on 22 March and won't be repeated on Radio 4 Extra until 29 March.
Maybe the 7 days has been shortened.  I have a vague recollection that
the 7 days runs from the start of the week, and that would fit.

Best wishes
Richard