A few ffmpeg queries

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Fri Sep 15 03:24:27 PDT 2017

Sent: Friday, September 15, 2017 00:06  I wrote

>Some of the pages I referred to earlier are out of date, and there will be
>more changes in June 2018.

This is the latest information I can find.
http://www.a516digital.com/2016/03/freeview-changes-planned-from-end-of.html

DVB-T receivers may stop working altogether by 2023, and possibly sooner.
The interim COM7 and COM8 multiplexes could be switched off in 2018.  To
replace the capacity some or all DVB-T multiplexes may convert to DVB-T2.

The OFCOM consultation document is at
https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/84176/maximising-benefits-of-700mhz-clearance.pdf
The most relevant part of the discussion is in paragraphs 4.31 to 4.37 on
pages 30 to 32.