A few ffmpeg queries

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Sep 14 16:06:37 PDT 2017

Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 13:10  I wrote

Have a look at the response from Mike P at the foot of this page.
https://ukfree.tv/article/1107051920/Freeview_modes_a_simplified_explanation_

He does need a DVB-T2 receiver to receive FreeSports.  The COM8 multiplex
uses Mode 6 in the description further up the page.  It is
Mode 6: DVB-T2 27841 (32KE) carriers, 256QAM mode, FEC=2/3, 1/128 guard =
40.2Mbps
The same applies to the PSB3 and COM7 multiplexes.

If it only supports DVB-T, as the Amazon description suggests, the Elgato
EyeTV Diversity will not work.  He needs to replace it with a DVB-T2 device
but before doing that it makes sense to check with a neighbour with a DVB-T2
receiver that the transmitter he is receiving is transmitting the COM8
multiplex.  Some of the pages I referred to earlier are out of date, and
there will be more changes in June 2018.