A few ffmpeg queries

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Sep 14 05:10:11 PDT 2017

From: J K.Eason
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2017 12:31

>To receive the
>channel on Freeview, you need  a device that is compatible with Freeview
>HD or Freeview Play and be able to receive channels such as "QVC HD/QVC
>Beauty HD" on Freeview 111/112 or "More4+1" on channel 86. If you can't,
>you won't be able to see FreeSports."

That could be another issue.  COM8 is a HD multiplex so he may need a DVB-T2
receiver.  The Amazon description of the Elgato EyeTV Diversity only
mentions DVB-T.  In Spain you can receive HD channels on a DVB-T receiver as
long as it supports H.264.  In the UK you can't.  I'm not sure what the
position is with SD channels on a HD multiplex.

As I understand it since 2016 only FreeView HD receivers have been allowed
to be sold, but that may not apply to devices like this.

The problem is more likely to be that the transmitter he is receiving from
is not transmitting the COM8 multiplex, or that the signal is too weak.