Further Radio Modes Experience

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue May 9 07:44:53 PDT 2017

On Tue May 9 09:49:15 BST 2017, Budge wrote:

> but my Linn player will not play the file.
> A sense of deja vu here as I had similar problems
> back in January.
> (snip)
> Format profile                           : LC
> (snip)
> Bit rate : 320 kb/s
> (snip)
> Format profile                           : HE-AAC / LC
> (snip)
> Bit rate                                 : 96.0 kb/s
> (snip)
> so it looks like a repeat of the Linn problem

 Hi Alastair! Is it warming up in Scotland?
A very pleasant 27C currently here :-)

 Your "Linn" issue has been indeed discussed
previously here in the list, often times by me...
Your "problematic" firmware has no support for
the High Efficiency (HE-AAC) encoding profile.
Radiomodes with a bitrate <= 96 kbps use that,
while the ones >=128 use the Linn compatible
standard Low Complexity (LC) profile; actually,
HE-AAC is LC too, better described as
HE-AAC LC, as indicated by the MI log.

You can consult the recently re-linked in the list
modes tables to accommodate your radiomode settings:

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modes

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref

https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref#radio-modes

Best regards,