Further Radio Modes Experience

Budge ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Tue May 9 09:48:53 PDT 2017

On 09/05/17 15:44, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Tue May 9 09:49:15 BST 2017, Budge wrote:
>> but my Linn player will not play the file. A sense of deja vu here as
>> I had similar problems back in January. (snip) Format
>> profile                           : LC
>> (snip) Bit rate : 320 kb/s
>> (snip) Format profile                           : HE-AAC / LC
>> (snip) Bit rate                                 : 96.0 kb/s
>> (snip) so it looks like a repeat of the Linn problem
>
> Hi Alastair! Is it warming up in Scotland?
> A very pleasant 27C currently here :-)
>
> Your "Linn" issue has been indeed discussed previously here in the list,
> often times by me... Your "problematic" firmware has no support for the
> High Efficiency (HE-AAC) encoding profile.
> Radiomodes with a bitrate <= 96 kbps use that, while the ones >=128 use
> the Linn compatible standard Low Complexity (LC) profile; actually,
> HE-AAC is LC too, better described as HE-AAC LC, as indicated by the MI
> log.
>
> You can consult the recently re-linked in the list modes tables to
> accommodate your radiomode settings:
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modes
>
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref
>
> https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/modesref#radio-modes
>
> Best regards, Vangelis.

Hi Vangelis,
Good to hear from you.  Yes it is getting warmer here.  Just had a week
away on Isle of Mull and didn't see a cloud all week, only aircraft
vapour trails, and there was a splendid cool breeze to keep us fresh.
Perfect.

Thanks for the links and yes I have been through all my previous posts
but only after the file failed.  I have now read and re-read the wiki
pages but had not remembered the fact that the 96kbps which gives me the
file size I want is the one that Linn firmware cannot handle.  Will try
the other options as I posted.

Am very disappointed with Linn as they still have not sorted out the
issues I previously identified and seem reluctant to do so even though
they admit the faults.

Best wishes,
Alastair.