BBC failures and PVR

Mike Casswell iplayer at nutwood.net
Sun May 7 06:50:29 PDT 2017

I have just run gip, using the pvr, which has a large number of series
links and 'pvr search' entries. Due to the current BBC problems, I had
two tv programmes which failed entirely to download and others which
only downloaded at a lower quality than desired.

I assume that the PVR will again attempt to fetch the complete fail
programmes on each run, since they will not be flagged as downloaded.

Equally, since the downgraded examples *have* been downloaded,
presumably no further attempts will be made to aquire them at higher
quality.

If I am correct in these assumptions, would an option to force attempts
by the PVR to reach the requested quality be practical and/or
desirable?

--
Mike Casswell