GiP v3.01 --cache-rebuild failed at line 18

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun May 7 01:54:19 PDT 2017

Hi Chris,

Vangelis wrote:
> Hello Chris - as you say, it's the same error as in
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2017-May/010586.html

    :Reactor::Poll:
    I/O watcher failed: Can't open file
    "C:\Users\CHRISJ~1\AppData\Local\Temp\mojo.tmp": Permission denied
    at Mojo/Asset/Memory.pm line 18.

> needs to open a temporary file (mojo.tmp) inside your %TEMP%
> directory, but fails for permissions related reasons (???).

Does the file it complains about already exist?  Perhaps there is
another Mojolicious-based program running that got there first?  Does
the directory it wants to create mojo.tmp in exist?  Can Windows have
%TEMP% changed just for running one program, e.g.  get_iplayer?

> 3. Reboot machine

This could be worthwhile.  Windows treats deleted but still open files
differently to Unix;  I can't recall how.

> Did that work? Concurrent or Sequential indexing?

I'm happy with sequential, so you might want to try
--no-index-concurrent to ditch Mojo.  The option's deprecated though, so
it may stop working in future versions.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy