GiP v3.01 --cache-rebuild failed at line 18

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat May 6 12:00:44 PDT 2017

On Sat May 6 18:48:58 BST 2017, CJB wrote:

> I raised the same issue after installing v 3.00 - I got no response.

Hello Chris - as you say, it's the same error as in

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2017-May/010586.html

The Strawberry Perl mini-distribution (probably
the Mojo module that enables concurrent
indexing) that is installed by the GiP 3.00+ windows installer
needs to open a temporary file (mojo.tmp) inside
your %TEMP% directory, but fails for permissions
related reasons (???).
For whomever can understand it, line 18 of
"Mojo/Asset/Memory.pm" reads

my $file = Mojo::Asset::File->new;

Perhaps your %TEMP% dir is inaccessible by Perl;
Have you tried
1. Exit all running applications
2. Clear the content of  %TEMP%
(CCleaner or manual deletion)
3. Reboot machine

Also, re-reading
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/windows#windows-installation
might help. There's no need to install as Admin.
Since noone else reported similar issues
either on this list or the Forums, am afraid
I have nothing concrete to go by and makes
me think it's an issue limited to your setup ;-(

> I have now had to delete all old cache files,
> and start from scratch.

Did that work? Concurrent or Sequential indexing?