BBC failures and PVR

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Sun May 7 07:36:58 PDT 2017

> I assume that the PVR will again attempt to fetch the complete fail
> programmes on each run, since they will not be flagged as downloaded.

It will attempt any that completely failed when it runs again but you may well find that they fail again.

> Equally, since the downgraded examples *have* been downloaded,
> presumably no further attempts will be made to aquire them at higher
> quality.

Yes these "successful" downloads will be marked as already downloaded and no further attempts will be made unless you force them. Even if these were reattempted though you will almost certainly find that the higher quality modes fail again and they download at the next level down. You will need to set the PVR to use HVF modes if the original HLS mode fails. The downside to this is there is NO like for like replacement for the HD downloads. You either go for a download with the same dimensions but double the framerate and double the filesize or you drop to 540p HD which is roughly the same bitrate and filesize as the old HD.