Programme in Series has `firstbcast' But no `available'.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sun May 7 03:32:54 PDT 2017

Hi Vangelis,

> I have never claimed to be infallible and have welcome anybody who
> have spotted something out of place in my posts to say so, for it to
> be fixed...

No, no, I agree.  I hope it didn't come across that I was complaining.
I have scripts to `get', `info', etc., that kick off get_iplayer with
these options that I decided on long ago, and your prompting of why I
was using them made me dig up what they were doing, and whether
get_iplayer had changed underneath them so they no longer had the
intended effect.

> and porting customisations to the new script from 3.00.0 :-( ).

I'm just about to do the same.  Are you aware of the patch(1) program?
Given the original file A, I make some changes and save it as B.  The
upstream author then releases A2.  I make a "unified diff" that
describes my changes between A and B with the diff(1) program's -u
option.  I then ask patch to apply those edits to A2 to create B2.  With
luck, it can do all the edits automatically.  The bits it can't fix,
perhaps B and A2 have both changed the same line in A, it marks with
comments in B2 so one fixes them manually.

I'm just about to apply my change to 3.01;  it changes the `:' in search
results to `>' if the programme is already in the PVR.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy